- About BOC
8th Internal Communications Conference – IC Leaders Retreat 2020
DAY ONE, 1st December 2020
Opening session by VISA: Building a Better Company with progressive Internal Communications
implement them in internal communications.
Best Case session by BBC NEWS: Multicultural, Inclusive Corporate Culture and Internal Comm
Case Study: Radically Changing How We Communicate to Drive the Right
Employee Behaviours to Evolve Nationwide’s Culture
agility, innovation and resilience among our people. The challenge for the Communications Team
is how we drive this cultural evolution
principles that are radically changing the way we communicate and engage to drive the right behaviours among employees.
Key Note: How Digital Transformation in Internal Communications Enhances the
What is digital dexterity and why it is important for internal communications
• The need for change and why internal communications must evolve to stay relevant
• How to facilitate engagement and communicate with employees in a contemporary, agile,
and creative way through a variety of digital tools and platforms
• How digital technologies can enable capability build and provide a valuable learning experience
• Showcase how Syngenta is leveraging artificial intelligence through a video creation platform
and a Bot that now writes their announcements for them.
• Importance of leadership in getting buy-in: technology alone is not digital. It’s how we apply
a new mindset to leverage the new digital tools to their fullest potential
A Guest Speaker from BP will set us thinking about the range of issues that organisations will need to think about in future, by a brief insight into how a communicator in a leading organisation contributes. We will spend time exploring our own experiences and sharing good practice.
Afternoon Masterclass: Building Your Employer Brand to Be Employer of choice
People focus? Investor focus? Community focus?
employer of choice for your target talent?
In this talk Katharina Auer will look at branding, employer branding, promises, how to listen to
the voice of the employee on the topic of ‘who we are’ and ‘who we want to be’ – and building
this into the whole brand experience, including your employer brand. Some key points:
DAY 2, 2nd December 2020
International Opening Round Table: Driving Business Productivity by Creating an Internal Communications Strategy for Every Employee
A rare opportunity to welcome IC leaders from USA, Switzerland, Russia, South Africa and UK, sharing their, challenges and expertise.
Becoming a Trusted Adviser. Crisis Leadership Before, During, and After
Since 2015, universities in South Africa have continuously been brought to a standstill due to
student protests. Subsequently, crisis communication planning has become a crucial part of communication strategies. The speaker from The University of THE FREE STATE will explore the following:
• How to stay on message during turbulent institutional crisis times;
• The role and importance of the Communication Team to not only execute the strategy, but also to advise, lead, and to be a trusted adviser throughout times of crisis.
Hear a panel of experts on Transformational Change Management
Times of change are often chaotic, stressful and emotional. It’s in this environment that it’s even
more important to have the essential principles of communications in place. Here the speakers
will take us through the importance of people’s psychology during change (and what role
communications plays in this), how building strong stakeholder relationships can make or break
the success of the change initiative, and how putting in place some basic principles of change
communications can keep you on track during difficult times.
Closing Session: Leading with Employee Experience
Forbes named creating a compelling Employee Experience (EX) as the No 1 HR trend. And yet,
as we head into 2020, the reality is that most organisations do nothing more than pay lip service
to employees being their best asset. According to 2018 Gallup figures, only 15% of employees
worldwide feel engaged in their work, leading to the global costs of unproductivity at a staggering
$7 trillion. Something must change... and you can be a part of that change.
By the end of the session you will:
• Have a clear understanding of what the Employee Experience Opportunity is
• Understand the three key stages of the EX Opportunity roadmap
• Learn why EX deserves parity with CX
• Discover how EX can be a career pathway for HR
• Be able to get involved in some ground-breaking EX research
• Have shared insights with a network of your peers
Download full Agenda with timings here: https://www.boc-uk.com/conferences/internal-communications-conference/brochure-download/
View Delegate rates and reserve your seats:
Spaces are strictly limited, due to the interactive format of the event.
1. This conference is set to challenge your current practices, open up questions for debate, provide you with personal growth tactics and demonstrate how you too can refine your function/strategy
2. In-depth learning over 2 days - the ideal platform to discover new opportunities to exploit and rejuvenate your ingrained habits
3. Hear from your peers on how you too can maintain a sustainable yet innovative IC strategy to prevent you being outdated in this age of disruption
4. Immerse yourself amongst a truly diverse audience